What time is it? It's time for you to let us know who was the most deplorable, the most offensive, the smarmiest person in all of sports in 2013!
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the great comic strip Tank McNamara, created by Jeff Millar and Bill Hinds in 1974. Last year, cyclist Lance Armstrong brought home the prize in dramatic fashion, with competition from NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and sports broadcaster Bob Costas.
- - “Sports Jerk Of The Year” nominations are accepted only for individuals – not a team, league, organization or corporation.
- - Nominations are accepted through Friday, January 31.
- - Keep it passionate, but keep it clean. Don't be as bad as the person that you're nominating.
Want to vote? Here's how you do it.
- - GoComics Blog: right here, on this page. Log in and leave your comment on the person that you think is worthy.
- - Twitter: Tweet at us -- @GoComics -- using the hashtag #SportsJerk for the 2013 Sports Jerk of the Year.
- - Facebook: Visit the GoComics Facebook page or the TANK MCNAMARA Facebook page and comment with your nomination, using the hashtag #SportsJerk.
But WAIT - there's more! Since this is the 40th anniversary, we want to know your thoughts on the biggest sports jerk of the past 40 years. Nominate those in the same ways as above, except for Twitter - use the hashtag #SportsJerk40.
25 Tank McNamara fans who leave votes will be randomly chosen to each win an autographed comic print, signed by co-creator Bill Hinds.
The winners will be announced on Friday, February 14 in a GoComics blog post and in the Tank McNamara comic strip.
Time to vote, comics and sports fans! Let's hear from you!