Ah, the Super Bowl. Regardless of whether you support either of the teams, it’s a time-honored tradition that encompasses all things America: family, football and food. Not to mention the quality commercials and, what is always a must-see for me, the Puppy Bowl.
With all of the festivities surrounding the Super Bowl, it’s easy to let yourself get caught up in the excitement. However, don’t forget – as with any party, there comes a list of party fouls that will leave you sitting alone and on the “do not invite” list next year, if committed.
Don’t fret, though! As a party-thrower myself, I have provided a list of Super Bowl faux pas to avoid that will ensure a good time for everyone.
1. Not knowing anything about the game. Do you live under a giant rock? Even if you do, this is the technology age! You’re only a quick pre-party Google search away from at least knowing which teams are playing.
2. We all love the commercials, but don’t be that person who cheers louder for the commercials than for the game. Fake it if you have to, but some people do actually want to watch the Super Bowl.
3. Overeating and hogging the snacks. No one wants to see you throw up and you are not the only one who wants to try the five-layer nachos. Just be courteous.
4. Being a bathroom hog. Twenty people, one bathroom, five minutes of commercial break … you can do the math. Get in, get out and stay friends with everyone in line.
5. Finally, remember that in times of extreme excitement, it’s still best to leave the playing to the players. Trashing your friend’s house is a prime way to get blacklisted from their parties forever.
Want more Super Bowl comics to get you pumped up? Click here to view more!
Oh, and, for my family in the northwest … Go, Seahawks!