The term “comics” encompasses a wide variety of works, from graphic novels to comic books, printed features to webcomics, some funny and some serious – thus, making the comics community a very diverse place. Despite the wide variety, comic fans aren’t hard to recognize. In addition to your passion, knowledge and devotion, here are 8 telltale signs that you’re a member of this funny fan base:
1. Like Elizabeth in a previous Weekend Faves post, as someone who knows the ins and outs of the comics world, you read the following comic and think, “This is what it’s like to have a conversation with me”:
2. You and your mom both know that, when it comes to bad moods, there’s no cure-all like a comic book.
3. Misplaced comics = maximum panic.
4. You can think of no more horrifying a nightmare than this:
5. Deciding on your costume for Comic-Con is one of the hardest decisions you make all year.
6. Such a hard decision, in fact, that you often take them for test runs before the big event.
7. Speaking of Comic-Con, you know you’ve met your soul mate when …
8. Reading this post about our GoComics’ comics fans felt like coming full circle: