It’s that time of year again … a time for candy companies to rejoice. Whether you’re sending a box of chocolates to your special someone … or buying a box for yourself to binge on while watching an anti-romance slasher movie (no judgment), everyone has their own way of celebrating Valentine’s Day. However you end up spending the 14th, here are some important V-Day survival tips that you should keep in mind:
1. There’s nothing wrong with being single! You don’t need to be sad or bitter about being significant-other-less, but, if you are, there’s no law against it. However, there may be a few laws against this:
2. You might be one of those people who are cynical about the holiday, but that doesn’t mean everyone else is. Don’t be mean.
3. For those of you with a special someone: Set a calendar reminder or leave a sticky note. Do whatever you have to do, just don’t be the jerk who forgets Valentine’s Day.
4. Flowers and candy are fine and dandy, but if you really want to impress, think outside the (chocolate) box. Get creative.
5. And that’s not to say that you have to take a second mortgage out on the house to afford a great gift! Just remember, there are good … and BAD ways to do Valentine’s Day on a budget.
6. If you find yourself single (or dumped because you neglected to follow rules 3 through 5 above), you can still keep in the spirit of the holiday. Loving yourself is important, too.
Have any awesome (or awful) V-Day stories you want to share? Comment below! And, be sure to check out our collection of Valentine’s Day comics!