The most wonderful week of the year is just around the corner: San Diego Comic-Con!
We’re teaming up with our sister company, Andrews McMeel Publishing (AMP), to bring SDCC attendees an awesome, comic-filled experience! We’ll be in Booth 1503 with giveaways galore, creator signings, comic book collections and archive-quality comic strip prints for sale, plus a whole lot more!
Excited? So are we! Here’s a deeper look into what we’re offering at SDCC:
- A selection of books for purchase, including the recently released "Exploring Calvin and Hobbes: An Exhibition Catalogue," which includes a fascinating, in-depth interview with Bill Watterson; New York Times bestsellers from The Oatmeal (Matthew Inman), including his most recent release, "The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances"; "Breaking Stephan" by Stephan Pastis; and "Unicorn on a Roll: Another Phoebe and Her Unicorn Adventure" by Dana Simpson and "Big Nate: Say Good-bye to Dork City" by Lincoln Peirce, two recently released offerings from AMP! Comics for Kids, especially for middle-grade readers.
- Scheduled one-hour, free signings by creators including Brooke McEldowney (9 Chickweed Lane, Pibgorn), Dana Simpson (Phoebe and Her Unicorn), Greg Evans (Luann), Jason Chatfield (Ginger Meggs) and Stephan Pastis (Pearls Before Swine).
- Daily giveaways featuring free GoComics PRO memberships, bookmarks, buttons and other comic-related promotional items, as well as daily drawings for major comic collections, including "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes," "The Complete Cul de Sac," "The Complete Far Side" and "Celebrating Peanuts."
- In honor of the 30th anniversary of Calvin and Hobbes, archive-quality prints of the iconic first and last Calvin and Hobbes comic strips will be available for purchase. To celebrate the 65th anniversary of Peanuts, an archive-quality print of the first-ever comic strip (available in color or black and white) will also be available.
- GoComics will host daily Twitter giveaways (Thursday through Sunday) featuring the "Dear Mr. Watterson" and "Stripped" documentaries in celebration of the 30th anniversary of Calvin and Hobbes (while supplies last).
- In partnership with Peanuts Worldwide, SDCC attendees are encouraged to visit the Peanuts booth (#1637) and ask for a “GoComics Ticket.” Attendees who present this ticket at the Andrews McMeel Publishing/GoComics booth (#1503) will receive exclusive commemorative Peanuts prizes, including a collectible 65th anniversary poster, Snoopy buttons, bookmarks, tattoos and a coloring sheet for kids (while supplies last).
- GoComics T-shirts featuring the slogan “Read Comics Every Day” will be available for purchase for $20.
GoComics/AMP Signing Schedule:
All creator signings will occur at the Andrews McMeel Publishing/GoComics Booth (#1503). Exclusive SDCC 2015 prints or posters will be provided for free at all creator signings.
Thursday, July 9
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.: Jason Chatfield (Ginger Meggs)
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Jim Benton (Jim Benton Cartoons)
Friday, July 10
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Greg Evans (Luann)
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Dana Simpson (Phoebe and Her Unicorn)
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.: Paul Trap (Thatababy)
Saturday, July 11
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.: Stephan Pastis (Pearls Before Swine)
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Nick Seluk (The Awkward Yeti)
We love meeting our fans! Stop by, say hello and grab some awesome comics swag! Don’t forget to follow GoComics (@GoComics) and Andrews McMeel Publishing (@AndrewsMcMeel) on Twitter using #GoComics and #AndrewsMcMeel for real-time updates about giveaways, signings and the location of street teams distributing comic-related items.