Can you believe it? Snoopy has been dancing his way across the comics page for six-and-a-half decades!
With its quiet debut in seven newspapers on Oct. 2, 1950, Charles Schulz's comic about a group of innocent-looking kids and their dog began a revolution on newspaper comics pages. Eventually read by some 355 million fans in 75 countries around the world, Peanuts is a touchstone that new generations embrace with the same love and loyalty that have earned it iconic status in American culture.
Honoring the 65th anniversary of this legendary comic strip, we’re giving away a GIANT Peanuts 65th anniversary prize pack, which includes:
• Book: “Celebrating Peanuts: 65 Years”
• Book: “Woodstock: Master of Disguise"
• Book: “Snoopy: Cowabunga!"
• Book: “Charlie Brown and Friends”
• Book: “Charlie Brown: POW!”
• Framed collectible print of the first Peanuts comic strip
• Commemorative Peanuts 65th anniversary poster
• Peanuts 65th anniversary temporary tattoo
• Peanuts coloring sheet
To enter, leave a comment on this blog post with a link to your favorite Peanuts comic strip featuring Snoopy — peruse the Peanuts archive here. To be counted, you must include your first and last name or handle.
This contest will end Tues., Oct. 6 at 10 a.m. CT. One winner will be randomly selected and announced that day on the GoComics blog.
The celebration continues! We’re collecting Peanuts Fan Art. Learn more and share your artwork here.
NOTE: This giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only.