Hello, folks, great to be back blogging regularly again. It feels quite real to the touch. So thank you for all your kind notes and limited booing.
Did you know we have an open submissions policy at GoComics/Universal Uclick? Well let me just say it makes for some interesting mail. Here are 10 friendly suggestions of things NOT to include in your next comic submission.
10) The best kind of Lasers.
9) Jon Bon Jovi ... in person ... duh!
8) Richie Sambora's wig is really convincing.
7) Singing along to "Living on a Prayer" but instead saying "lemon on a pear" like we did when we were all still friends.
6) A light show that will knock your socks off.
5) $12 domestic mass-market beer? $13.50 jalapeño poppers? WTH!
4) That stoner from high school who still owes you money. What's his name again? Toby? Todd?
3) Thinking to yourself, "There is absolutely no question that Lara in accounting would finally go out with me if I were to get a 'Slippery When Wet' tattoo on my neck."
2) Drum solos that don't go on long enough, Tico.
1) Wishing they'd turn up the fog machine so I could convincingly pretend I was Sherlock Holmes. I didn't lug a Meerschaum pipe through all these crowds for nothing!