Calling all chronic doodlers, closet cartoonists and Peanuts fanatics! October 2 marks the 65th anniversary of Charlie Brown and friends’ first appearance in newspapers!
A legacy like Peanuts’ deserves a celebration equally as grand, which is why we’re turning to you – the fans – to help commemorate this milestone!
We want you to hone in on your artistic abilities and love for this timeless classic by creating and submitting fan art, which we'll showcase on gocomics.com/fan-art. Simply create a rendition of your favorite characters and/or scenes from the strip.
As a bonus for sharing your skills, we’ll reward you with exclusive Peanuts SWAG!
Here’s how it works:
1. Create your best interpretation of a Peanuts character(s) — must include attribution within the image (your name or handle, city & state).
2. Send your art and full contact info (first/last name, mailing address, email & phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. WIN SWAG! Once we receive your submission, we'll confirm your address and send Peanuts prizes your way.
What's in the bag?!
• Complimentary 1-Year GoComics Pro Membership
• Commemorative Peanuts 65th anniversary poster
• Collectible print of the first Peanuts comic strip
• Redemption code to download one free Peanuts eBook (available to the first 50 entrants)
• Artwork featured on GoComics.com
The fine print: Must be at least 13 years of age to enter. By submitting your artwork, you give GoComics/Andrews McMeel Universal the right to use your art in promotional materials, social media outreach and similar marketing/public relations. This contest is open to Peanuts readers worldwide. Limit one entry per person. Submissions will close at 12am CDT on Wednesday, October 28.
We are thrilled to kick off this Peanuts party in style, and to see what your creativity can conjure up!
Subscribe to gocomics.com/fan-art to see your art and other tributes throughout October!